In your account settings, you can choose the types of email notifications you receive as well as personalize these notifications on a folder by folder basis.
Note: Old Box Experience
This page refers to the old Box experience. In Box, hover over a single file or folder with your mouse. If the item looks like the following image, you are in the right place.
If the item does not look like the image above, visit one of the links below instead:
Updating your email notification defaults:
- Click on your name in the upper right of your screen and select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Go to the Notifications tab and select the notifications you would like to receive then click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
Personalizing email notifications for a folder:
- For the folder you would like to personalize, click the ellipses (...) > Properties > Folder Settings.
- Under Email and Notifications, select the notifications you would like to receive for this specific folder and click “Save Changes”.
Email notifications can also be adjusted at enterprise-wide, account-wide, and folder specific levels.
- Enterprise-wide email notifications: When email notifications are applied in the "Admin Console", it will be the default for all newly created end users until the end user adjusts their settings.
- Account-wide email notifications: When email notifications are applied in the "Account Settings", it will be the default notification setting for all newly created folders in the account OR for folders that are set to "Use my default notification settings".
- End users in a Box instance can have different account wide settings by manually adjusting their email notification settings.
- Folder specific level email notifications: When email notifications are applied in the "Folder Settings", it will be the default email notifications for all files in the folder and subfolders. Please note that you cannot trigger email notifications to yourself for actions you triggered.
- Different users collaborating in a folder can set their own specific Folder level email notifications (if allowed by the folder owner).