Note: Old Box Experience
This page refers to the old Box experience. In Box, hover over a single file or folder with your mouse. If the item looks like the following image, you are in the right place.
If the item does not look like the image above, visit one of the links below instead:
Follow these simple steps to generate a shared link:
- Mouse over the desired folder or file and click Share
- A pop-up will appear with your shared link.
- To share, simply copy and paste the link into an email or document. You can also enter email addresses below to send the link directly through Box. Change your link's settings by clicking the gear icon in the top-right.
Who can access a shared link?
There are up to three types of shared links that can be generated from within your account. Each offers a different level of security.
- People with the link: Open to people with the link. Viewers are not required to log in.
- People in your company: Users with a company email address as well as users external to your organization who have access to a specified folder via collaborator rights. In either case, the recipient must have a verified Box account. Please note that external users will only be granted access via a shared link to the folders of which they have existing collaborator rights.
- People in this folder: Only users who have been invited to the folder. Please note that collaborators already have access to their content, but shared links can easily direct a user to a specific file or folder.