The Box Embed Widget enables you to embed files and folders from your account page onto any website, blog, or social networking service that supports HTML iframe embed code.
Note: Old Box Experience
This page refers to the old Box experience. In Box, hover over a single file or folder with your mouse. If the item looks like the following image, you are in the right place.
If the item does not look like the image above, visit one of the links below instead:
To create a widget, first make sure the folder is set for sharing:
- Click on More Options (...) to the right of the file name.
- Under Sharing, select Embed Widget
- You will be presented with a window which includes HTML iframe code for your new widget, as well as options to adjust the size and default view type of your widget. You can also preview your embedded folder by clicking Preview this embed.
- When you have finished customizing, copy the HTML code in the Embed Code field and paste this code into any website or page that supports embed code, and your widget will be published.
- As you add new files to the folder associated with that widget, the new files will appear in your widget automatically.
Once the widget has been embedded you can further customize it if you click on 'Gear' icon and select 'Log In'. After you log in, you can click on 'Options' and then set the sort order, or the view. Click the desired setting for each option and they are auto-saved.
- The native Embed widget will respect the settings applied in shared link settings. This includes "Link Expiration", "Password Protection", and "Allow Download".
- In order to adjust the expiration date and password of the embed widget, you will need to adjust the settings in shared link settings. The shared link settings will directly affect embed widget settings.