There is a setting at the folder level called "Hide Collaborators". When you enable this Folder Properties option:
- Collaborators in this folder:
- Cannot see each other.
- Cannot add new collaborators.
- Cannot assign tasks to folder co-owners as they are hidden.
- The folder owner and co-owners are visible to all collaborators.
- All other collaborators are displayed as Someone in the collaborator's username field.
- Only the owner or co-owner can add new collaborators.
Note: Old Box Experience
This page refers to the old Box experience. In Box, hover over a single file or folder with your mouse. If the item looks like the following image, you are in the right place.
If the item does not look like the image above, visit one of the links below instead:
To hide collaborators, you must be the owner of the Collaboration Folder.
To use this feature, follow this procedure:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the folder and select Properties > General Info. The Folder Properties pop-up displays.
- Click the Security tab. Alternately, you can click Properties > Security to get to this tab directly.
- Click the checkbox next to Hide collaborators.
- Click Okay to save your changes.