The Box mobile website (m.box.com) gives you the flexibility of accessing your mobile content without downloading the Box mobile application.The mobile website's UI is aligned with the Box mobile app, and is designed to have the same general layout and visual design. You can access the Box mobile site from any browser, including a browser that does not have JS and CSS enabled.
Note: m.box.com is not available in China
- Supported Features
- Opening shared links
- Can I enable 2-factor and SSO authentication from m.box.com?
- Can I disable m.box.com access for my enterprise?
- What are the limitations and known issues for m.box.com?`
The Box mobile site is a streamlined version of the Box web app. It supports the following features:
- Document viewing and navigation:
- Document preview experience using HTML5 document preview.
- Intuitive navigation - folders and files appear in a list and are easy to use as they are optimized for mobile devices.
- m.box.com is optimized for speed and is built for high-latency networks used by mobile users.
- Box has reduced the access size for this app by removing substantially the JS and CSS dependencies.
- Folder management (via the + icon):
- The + icon allows you to perform the following folder management tasks:
- Create a new folder at the root level or within the current folder.
- Upload items directly to the current folder.
- Upload items to the current folder via email attachment. (Selecting 'Upload via Email' will provide a specified email address for sending.)
- The ellipses icon gives you the ability to rename or delete the current folder.
- Collaboration and sharing:
- Add and manage collaborators at any access level. The Collaborator icon allows you to add or view collaborators:
- Shared link support is similar to the Box mobile app. The link icon allows you to share a link for the current folder.
- If sharing is enabled, the shared link is displayed (along with the settings icon to change the shared link type).
- If sharing is not enabled, tap the Enable button to share links.
- Your default email client is used to share links.
- Accessibility: Built for accessibility from the ground up.
Opening Shared Links
Can I enable 2-factor and SSO authentication for m.box.com?
Yes, m.box.com allows you to enable 2-factor and SSO authentication for m.box.com
Can I disable m.box.com access for my enterprise?
Yes, enterprise administrators can disable m.box.com access by disabling its API key in the Box Admin Console.
What are the limitations and known issues for m.box.com?
- The duration for m.box.com sessions is 2 days and is not controlled by the session duration setting in the Admin Console.