Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Step 1: Upload Your Content to Box

by on ‎03-04-2015 04:27 PM - edited on ‎12-17-2015 01:58 PM by

In this article, you will learn: 

• How to upload files to Box via drag and drop, the file browser, or keyboard shortcut

• When you should use each upload method

To upload photos and other files to Box from your iOS mobile device, see here. For Android, see here

One of the most important things you’ll do as you’re getting started with Box is add files and folders for others to see and share. 

If you're accessing Box from your web browser, you can use one of three methods to upload:

• Drag and drop
  • File browser
  • Keyboard shortcut

Drag and Drop

1. Drag a single file, multiple files, or an entire folder from your desktop to the Files and Folders screen.
  2. Release the file(s) or folder. Your files will be uploaded and appear in the folder where you dropped them.

Upload Files and Folders using the File Browser

1. Click the Upload button.
  2. Click Upload Files or Upload Folders.
  3. Select the file(s) or folder you'd like to upload.
    Note: You can select multiple files for upload by holding the Command or Control key (Mac or Windows, respectively) while selecting files. However, you can only select one folder at a time for upload.
  4. Click Open or Upload.

Note: If you're having trouble using the Folder Uploader from the Safari browser, see:  I Can't Upload Folders On Box While Using Safari On My Mac. What Do I Do?

Upload Using Keyboard Shortcuts

1. Navigate to the required folder.
  2. Type to activate the Upload pop-up.
  3. Select the file(s) or folder you'd like to upload.
  4. Click Upload.

Announcements
Welcome to Box! We're glad you're here. Follow these articles to get up and running quickly!