Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Box Folder Description

Hi,

I am not able to edit or add new Folder Descriptions (I hover over the description and a pencil does not appear) Can you please explain how it is done now? On the old Box I was able to add new in properties, and to edit I was able to hover over the description. 

Thank you,

Kisha

New Contributor

Re: Box Folder Description

Hello ... i am looking for the same answer?  Anything?

Solution
Accepted by Howard (Community Manager)
‎06-21-2017 01:40 PM
New Contributor

After more searching, I found this: https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Troubleshooting-Forum/Editing-folder-description-in-new-web-app/m-p...

Not sure why it feels difficult to find the description but it was for me.  good luck!

Solution
Accepted by Howard (Community Manager)
‎06-21-2017 01:40 PM
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yes - On the right of the screen. Underneath New and Upload, you will see "Sharing" and "Details" Tick the Details tab then tick anywhere over the current description details. You can edit from there (and it automatically saves)

Box Description.JPG

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

It works. But in the former version I could see the description under the folders one level higher in all headlines directly.
Now I have to go on the "I"
I found the former listing better

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @BaronGerd

Thank you for your post and your feedback. We do get a lot of these requests regarding the description tagline and we will add your request to the list.

The Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. 

For new web UI requests, you can also click the ? mark icon at the top and submit your feedback directly to our team.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!

Top Kudoed Posts