Upgraded from Personal to Business Account and all Files Deleted!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Upgraded from Personal to Business Account and all Files Deleted!

We have just upgraded the storage limit on Box - and the only option was to select to upgrade storage capacity with a Business Plan.  We selected that option to upgrade and Box has now wiped ALL OF OUR COMPANY FILES!  

Any advice on how we fix this emergency would be greatly appreciated.   

Our company has ground to a halt as no one has access to any files.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Upgraded from Personal to Business Account and all Files Deleted!

Hi @BenKoop,

You can contact our support team to help you with this issue. Use the following link to talk to our support team here: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks.  We have contacted technical support.

They have been working on restoring the files.

Not sure why the system to upgrade a client's plan allows for all a client's files to be completely deleted when this occurs.  Even if there was some sort of migration timeframe that meant files were offline during a transition period - there needs to a warning to clients that this will occur. Can you tell me why this is the case?  Based on my review of other comments in the community forum this is not an isolated occurrence when customers upgrade between different plans. 

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

This just happened to me too, and I am soo extremely worried and upset right now! I had work to do with those files, and now they are completely gone! If it had told me this would happen I would never never never have done this ever! Why pay more money to lose all my files?! Now I can't meet our deadline, because the files are GONE! This is so unacceptable!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just happened to me. I'm an attorney and this deleted every single one of my case files.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Were your files restored?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm not trying to rub salt in your wound, but I take it you have no backups? If your entire business grinds to a halt because of a complete and utter dependence on a single cloud provider, that's a glaring problem. There are plenty of easy ways to keep your own set of current backup / fall-back files.

Apart from a snafu like this, what would you do if your Internet access went down for a protracted period?