MacOS 10.14 Mojave - Beta?

Highlighted

MacOS 10.14 Mojave - Beta?

Hi, I just upgraded to MacOS 10.14 Mojave (Beta), is there already a beta version of Box sync or Box drive available for this release? both apps no longer work on this new OS version ... thanks Fabio

12 REPLIES

Re: MacOS 10.14 Mojave - Beta?

Hi @fabio53,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

I've just heard from our developers and engineering team, that they are currently looking into this latest update from Apple. We will definitely let you know once we have further update.

Stay subscribed for more news about Box Drive and all Box products in the blog here!

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Regular Visitor

Do we have an update yet on box drive working on 10.14 mojave beta yet?

Hi @tye698,

Per checking, 10.14 Mojave beta is still not supported. Please continue to subscribe to Box Product News blog to be updated on this.

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Occasional Contributor

Do we have a preliminary timeframe on the beta? Surprisingly, Box Sync works, Box Drive does not.

Also, is the team working on a solution for Box Drive users that want to store some files locally? What I’m missing from box drive is the ability to search with Spotlight and the ability to use Finder dependent scripts to perform automated actions.

Occasional Visitor

Same here, 

running Mojave and neither Box nor Onedrive are useable. Ondrive works but eats the CPU, was the same in High Sierra, it's useless for the last 4 months.

Gdrive still works fine so it's doable. 

Hi @scaramanga89,

We understand that you and everyone else is excited to be able to use Box on the new macOS Mojave- Beta. We are also very much looking forward to it, though we currently do not have an ETA, rest assured that our engineering department is continuously working on this. 

Stay subscribe to Box Product News blog to be updated on this!

Established Member

Will Box Drive 1.15 address the Mojave Beta issue? It does not say directly in the release notes. 

Thanks. 

Occasional Contributor

I have Box Drive working in Mojave. Same solution I used for getting to work in High Sierra betas.

1. Download and install latest FUSE 3.8.2  here - https://osxfuse.github.io/2018/07/01/OSXFUSE-3.8.2.html

2. Navigate to /Library/Filesystems/ in Terminal

cd /Library/Filesystems/

3. Delete or rename box.fs

sudo rm -Rf box.fs

or rename

sudo mv box.fs box.fs.old

4. Duplicate osxfuse.fs to box.fs 

sudo cp -R osxfuse.fs box.fs

5. (optional) If you want a fancy Volume icon for your mounted box folder, replace /Library/Filesystems/box.fs/Contents/Resources/Volume.icns with an .icns file of your choice (make sure it is named Volume.icns)

ensure proper ownership -

sudo  chown -R root:wheel /Library/Filesystems/box.fs

I rebooted but may not be needed (at least my icon worked after the reboot)

Launch Box - should be good to go. All caveats of course - this is absolutely not supported...

Occasional Visitor

This works if you haven't tried deleting-reinstalling the app like I just did.

Now the installer tells me my MacOS version is too... new.

**removed**.

Where can we signup for that upcoming beta version???

Occasional Contributor

Sorry - I should have mentioned you need to use a tool like Pacifist to perform a new install on an unsupported OS. Great tool to own!

https://www.charlessoft.com

Occasional Contributor

Doesnt appear that Box Drive 1.15 fixed anything for Mojave. But the steps above still work at least...

For any future updates I would 'dupe' the (fixed) Box.fs driver for backup so you can replace any newly installed broken Box.fs driver after app updates.

Visitor

Thanks it works for me but I have to install Pacifist first and Fuse after

Users online (1,184)