Local backups created with scheduled task on Windows sever 2016

SOLVED
Go to solution
New Contributor

Local backups created with scheduled task on Windows sever 2016

Box is creating a local backup of my entire Box directory every time a scheduled script is run that utilizes the Box directory.  It creates the directories old_Box, old_Box2,old_Box3 etc.

The script uses robocopy to copy a local directory to a sub-directory in the BOXdrive  mounted directory but for some reason also backs-up the drive.  This is only happening when the script is run on schedule.  It does not happen if the script is run directly or if the script is run using the Run Now option in scheduler.

Anybody else see this behavior?  Any fixes?

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Local backups created with scheduled task on Windows sever 2016

Hi @Rob_Muldowney,

Thanks for sharing your use case. Because of the specific script as well as use in a windows server environment, this may require a closer look from our support team with your Box Drive logs.

If you can collect your Box Drive logs, you should contact Box Support to help you directly.

New Contributor

Thanks.  I have opened a case and submitted the logs.

Rob

Highlighted
New Contributor

After receiving feedback form BOX support I was able to find a solution.  It was related to being a server, using ROBOCOPY, and running as a scheduled task.  The important factory was the 'run with highest privileges' box which needs to be UNCHECKED.