Computer crashes when searching Box Drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

Computer crashes when searching Box Drive

When using the "Open..." or "Place..." dialogs in Adobe CC software my computer freezes every time I try to navigate to files that are in Box Drive. I had three separate instances today where the same thing occurred, once in Photoshop and twice in InDesign.

The weird thing is that I can navigate through folders containing only folders (no files) just fine, but as soon as I open a folder that has loose files in it and not just nested folders, my system freezes up before Box Drive displays the folder contents.

4 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Computer crashes when searching Box Drive

The Box drive app just crashed again, this time while trying to save an Excel document.

Should I be moving documents out of Box drive, editing them, saving them outside Box drive, and then drag them back in when I'm done? That seems like too much work.

Community Manager

Hi @echambers4,

Thanks for your post and question!

Sorry to hear about this issue as this is not expected behavior with Box. No, you shouldn't be expected to drag files out and edit them and only drag them back in to Box Drive. I'm curious if this is happening with all files or just Excel files. Is it a particularly large document?

This would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information. If you can submit your Box Drive logs, you should contact Box Support to help you directly.

New Contributor

Some of the files are large (>10 MB), but not all. So far it has happened with multiple file types: .xlsx, .psd, and .indd. I'll contact Box Support and submit the logs I have. Thank you!

This is completely obnoxious. I posted two complaints about box drive crashing my computer with adobe and with Microsoft product with no help or response. This service and app is terrible. Ive lost dozens of files due to the box apps and they seem to only get worse and not better. I use this through my company but have actually purchased my own service on the side (dropbox) because it is far superior in all aspects. 

Users online (225)