Box note embed into web page

Highlighted
New Contributor

Box note embed into web page

Is there any way to embed a box note into a web page? I've tried to use iframes, but this is not allowed by box, does anyone have any suggestions?

4 REPLIES

Re: Box note embed into web page

Hi @Fraser73,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

Have you checked out this KB article on Creating a Box Embed Widget yet?

You can follow the steps given on the above article to create a Box Note widget for your website.

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Box Certified Professional

If you find that following the steps doesn't work, check to see if your enterprise has disabled anonymous link sharing.

That will prevent a non-authenticated web page from being able to properly display a Box resource as described in the widget article. 

New Contributor

Hi... The iframe embedding works (thanks!), but only with Edge, I've tested on Firefox, Safari and Chrome and it just gets to the point of the animation of three coloured lines and nothing loads. Any suggestions?

Hi @Fraser73

Thanks for following up on this!

This sounds like a browser related issue if its working on Edge. 

Do you have the latest version of the other browsers? Also, I would like to have you try clearing the cached data that is stored in those other browsers to see if this resolves the issue for you.

Here is an article that walks through how to do this on the different browsers that Box supports.

If this did not help, I'd recommend submitting a case to Box Support so they can further investigate the matter with you.