Box Sync not working on Mac

New Contributor

Box Sync not working on Mac

I have a new Macbook Pro running High Sierra and have been trying for over a week now to get either Box Sync or Box Drive installed on my computer. I would download the necessary DMG file, install it and then nothing happens. There's a Box app in the applications list, but it doesn't do anything. Additionally, there are several processes active in Activity Monitor as well. In each and every instance here, I've completely uninstalled (following sanctioned instructions from Box support) either product before I installed the other. Prior Macs have never had a problem with any sort of installation.

Over the past week, I've reached out to Box Support but I've only gotten "please try and uninstall and reinstall it again". This is not helpful whatsoever as, noted above, I've already done this at least three times. I'm needing to run this for work, but honestly am about give up and try another cloud enterprise sync & share solution which actually doesn't waste my time figuring out the issues.

Has anyone else run into this or am I alone on this front? If the later, I'll start shopping around for another cloud storage offering as this is driving me up the wall.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Contributor

Re: Box Sync not working on Mac

There have been others that have had issues with Box Sync/Box Drive on High Sierra, but most have been issues caused by an upgrade from a previous version.  It sounds like you have tried to install both, so there may be some lingering pieces that are keeping you from being successful.  Take a look at the solution in this post (https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Troubleshooting-Forum/Box-won-t-boot-on-new-iMac-High-Sierra/m-p/44... I used the appcleaner recommended to clean up my system before reinstalling Box Drive.  You might give that a try before trying another install.

You might also give this a view: https://community.box.com/t5/Box-User-Training-Videos/Using-Box-Sync-Tutorial/ta-p/33417

Steve

New Contributor

Thanks for replying ITIOps. I've been working with Box support for the past two weeks and have tried completely removing all instances of any Box product using Appcleaner but I still get the same issue. In looking around the forums here, others have the same issue but there doesn't seem to be a remedy which is unfortunate.

Tags (1)
New Contributor

Same issue. Brand new mac. Running Mojave. App is running but no icon appears to actually configure the app. Ideas???

Old mac runs it fine.

New Contributor

So how do we get support?

Hi @QWAB,

Thanks for your post in Box Community!

Per checking, Box Sync now supports 10.14 mojave. If you are having trouble with Box Sync on the new macOS, this would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information.

You can contact Box Support to help you directly.

Thanks for using Box, and we look forward to helping you resolve this issue!

New Contributor

Logged a support call yesterday. No response as yet.

Hi @QWAB

Thanks @QWAB for letting us know! 

Looks like someone from our Support Team has reached back to you. And it would be really helpful if you could send the necessary information in order for your case to get going. 

I appreciate your time! 

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Hello QWAB, l want to help and hope I will do. There are two kinds of software for Box: Box drive and Box Sync. The Box drive only mount the drive in the Mac but you can eject whenever you want. However, Box sync stay (as DropBox or Google Drive) in the Mac and act as the sync folder. I figured out this today trying to install Box in my Mac Pro with High Sierra.

I hope can help you.

Greetings!