Box Sync Icons Not showing in Finder Folder

New Contributor

Box Sync Icons Not showing in Finder Folder

I have Box Sync installed on two computers. 

On my work computer I see the blue and yellow icons next to each file and folder in my finder. From my finder I am able to lock files, copy links, unsync, ect. 

However, on my personal computer I do not see these icons and have to do that all through an internet browser. Files still sync but I don't have the added functions. Does anyone know how I can get those blue/yellow icons to show?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Box Sync

Hello @agreenberg

Are you sure you have box sync on both and not box sync on one and box drive on the other?

New Contributor

Yes I am sure
Community Manager

Hi @agreenberg,

Thanks for your post and question!

If you're using a Mac, I usually resolve this issue by going to the finder extension (System Preferences) and disabling and reenabling the finder extension for Box.

That usually makes the icons reappear for Mac and gives me back functionality in the finder. 

If it's for Windows, it may be a reg key issue limitation. Check out this thread for a similar case:

https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Troubleshooting-Forum/Sync-Icons-not-displaying-Win-10/m-p/42310#M2...

Let the community know if this helps

The icons are gone for me as well, but I believe it's because I updated to High Sierra.

New Contributor

I am using a mac and tried that and it didn't come back and I also had upgraded to Sierra.

Re: Box Sync Icons Not showing in Finder Folder

I'm having the same issue. I've logged out of Box, logged in again, disabled and re-enabled the extensions in system preferences. I can't right click to share box link (not box functions available from right click menu), and no status icons are visible in Finder. Items are syncing up and down still however. very confused and had this issue for several weeks - can't resolve...?

LWL
New Contributor

I'm also not seeing the Box icons (consistently) in my finder window. Sometimes I see it, most times, not. Co-worker next to me sees them all the time. I have disabled/abled the Box Finder extension repeatedly—sometimes immediately I see the icons but most times, nope.

Recently upgraded to High Sierra BUT I wasn't seeing them on Sierra, either.

New Contributor

I am having the same issue, it started with a few  weeks back. I have uninstalled box sync and removed all the relevant files, but still no luck.

Hi @juju2,

Thanks for your post in the Community! Have you tried @Howard's suggested workaround?

If icons are still not showing after you tried his suggestion, then it means that the installation wasn't run successfully. You may need to do a clean uninstall and reinstall again Box Sync.

You can always submit a case to Box User Services so the team can take a closer look and walk you through it.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope this will be fixed soon!

New Contributor

My icons are not showing up still. I am on a pc, windows 7

Hi @jzarazaga,

Thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that the overlay icons on your Box Sync folder are still missing. Have you checked and followed the tips given on this article: Sync Icons Do Not Appear In Box Sync Folder on Windows?

If this did not help, you may need to submit a case to Box User Services so they can further investigate and check your machine to resolve this.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!  

Users online (567)