Box Edit No Longer Working

SOLVED
Go to solution
New Contributor

Box Edit No Longer Working

I've been using box edit for months now. Today, when I try to open documents, the option to edit on my desktop no longer appears. I checked to see if the issue was because box edit was somehow uninstalled, but I see it is.

Thanks,

Natalie

5 REPLIES
Box Certified Professional

Re: Box Edit No Longer Working

@nbmdd,

Have you tried in another browser? It's possible your primary browser just needs to be restarted or the cache cleared. If it's not working in other browsers then you should try reinstalling it. If neither of those fix the issue then you should contact Box Support.

Best of luck,

Bob

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
New Contributor

Yeah, I was having the same problem in multiple browsers. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Now it's working well!

Thanks,

Natalie

New Contributor

I am having the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app literally dozens of times. It will work for one or two sessions and then I get the same error again. I am working in Chrome and would prefer to not have to switch browsers for this one function. I used box for 18 mos in Chrome before this started happening although other people on my team have complained. It doesn't feel like the Box team is looking into this issue.

Box Employee

Hi @katecochran1,

Thanks for your post and question!

This would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information. You can contact Box Support to help you directly.

First-time Contributor

I am having the same problem.