Insufficient Permissions to Sync File error

New Contributor

Insufficient Permissions to Sync File error

I have a program which make a log file when it's running. The log file is deleted when the program is stopped. 

The computers of my other accounts to Box try to sync the files now, even though they don't exist anymore. I get the error mentioned in the subject of my post. 

What can I do about it. 

3 REPLIES
Box Employee

Re: Insufficient Permissions to Sync File error

Hi @Amelie,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

In order to sync a file, you must have Editor Access or above, see What are the different access levels for collaborators? to verify that the file owner has granted the required permission for you to sync the required file.

More information on this article:

New Contributor

Re: Insufficient Permissions to Sync File error

The account on the other computer is a co-owner, thus that didn't solve the problem...

I think that the problem is the following:

The computer was turned out when he was't fully synced. The next time, he was turned on, the computer wants to sync the file, but it doesn't exist anymore on the box. So, he gives an error.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

"Error syncing XX files" - Insufficient Permissions to Sync File

I have been getting the following error message for a while from a pop message window of minimized Box icon.

"Error syncing XX files" - Insufficient Permissions to Sync File

I did a search for Box folder of my local hard drive, I was not able to locate the file names.

Did a search for Box folder online (through internet browser), I was not able to locate the file names either. 

How could I locate the files? Thanks for your help.

Users online (1,349)