Welcome to the new Box Support website. Check out all the details here on what’s changed.

Custom notification messages for specific folders

New post

Comments

4 comments

• BobFlynn-IU

Which notifications? You can edit the invitation text when you invite someone to collaborate, but you can't edit the text of the activity notifications (upload/download/preview/delete). 

Bob

Comment actions Permalink
  • tsoares

Yes. I was precisely talking about the activity notifications. 🙂

I guess this could be a nice feature request.

i.e. You have a spreadsheet with a long list of info. Make an update and all users receive the alert. Users must search the list for the update.

In this case, users could receive a custom notification from the user, informing that the update was made on line 47.

Thanks

• BobFlynn-IU

Yes, what you are describing sounds like a version history note. You can actually do that through the document commenting. It will place your document comment between version updates in the comment thread. This will also not only overcome the situation where individual collaborators have notifications turned off, but they are persistent whereas notifications are ephemeral. They will be there for any collaborator to see.

HTH,

Bob

• tsoares

Thanks Bob.

The spreadsheet was just an example. Although I find your suggestion great, this won't solve the custom notification option.

A possible solution my be entering the folder, click to see the list of collaborators on that folder and hit 'Mail All'. This way we are able to insert a specific message.

I think I was actually searching for a way to customize notification templates for specific folder or files.

Best,

Tiago

Please sign in to leave a comment.