Box Relay for Tablets

Highlighted
New Contributor

Box Relay for Tablets

Has anybody had any luck using modifying documents Box Relay on a mobile platform (specifically an iPad)? 

There does not seem to be a Box Relay mobile application at the moment but I can login via Safari. The issue I am running into is that I cannot open the documents on the iPad to modify them. If you have a solution, or an idea that might be worth trying, please let me know.

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Box Relay for Tablets

Hi @AlexGermain,

Thank you for your post, interesting use case! Are you often editing your workflows on mobile devices? Currently we do not have a mobile app to edit Box Relay, but you can use the browser to view Box Relay instead.

For your feedback, the Box Community team shares selected conversations on the community back to other Box teams from time to time. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!

"

New Contributor

Hey @Howard,

Thanks for the reply! We have been working to eliminate the use of paper documentation for specific workflows in our business and the (seemingly) easiest solution we could come up with was to use mobile devices and/or tablets to modify these documents on the go. It would greatly benefit our business to be able to do so, however, with the absence of a Box Relay mobile application and/or Box Edit - we have been unable to find a workaround. 

I have been able to open up Box Relay in the tablet's web browser but I have not found a way to open up a document to modify in real time as we do on a desktop with Box Edit. Are you aware of any plugins that we can install on the tablets to address this?

Thanks,

Alex

Community Manager

Hi @AlexGermain,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any plugins that can additionally help with your use case for Box Relay.

I can share this feedback with the time to make sure they consider all access with Relay from desktop to mobile and to be considered for their next roadmap idea. If anyone else has any ideas, please chime in and continue the conversation!

Thanks again @AlexGermain