We #ChooseToInclude at Box Vision

Box Employee

We #ChooseToInclude at Box Vision

MARCH 6TH 2019 | CHRISTINA LOUIE

"My prognosis was that I wouldn't be able to talk or walk. Spoiler alert: I can walk and talk!" Danielle Liebl, Special Olympics ambassador and associate at Reed Smith LLP, shared her incredible story on the main stage at our global internal go-to-market kickoff conference in February. She spoke of the strength and confidence that Special Olympics helped her build and the amazing accomplishments she's had as a result - starting a nonprofit, advocating for inclusion, competing as an athlete, being invited to the White House and meeting Obama, going to law school, and more.

We then heard from Special Olympics Northern California's CEO, David Solo, about their work in schools and in promoting the health of their athletes before the entire group of 900+ attendees cited the athlete's oath which says, "Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

Through Box.org, we seek to weave social impact into all aspects of Box, including big events. Our goal was to educate Boxers on the work of Special Olympics and provide a way for our employees to engage with the organization and mission.  Following the inspirational kickoff, Boxers broke off into 7 different on-site activations.  Earlier in planning the event, we learned that over 60 Boxers had been impacted by the Special Olympics in the past as coaches, family members, volunteers, and more, so we asked 8 of them to help co-lead the sessions:

Full article at https://blog.box.com/blog/we-chosetoinclude-box-vision