gsheet not saved -- possible to recover?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

gsheet not saved -- possible to recover?

I made extensive edits to Google Sheet stored in a shared Box folder. The sheet said 'All Changes Saved to Drive' before I closed the gsheet window, but then Box said that the changes weren't saved, and doesn't display me as the last editor. This is obviously unfortunate to lose the changes, is there a way to recover the gsheet from Google Drive? 

3 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: gsheet not saved -- possible to recover?

I was able to recover the changes by downloading the file directly from my Google Drive. Is there a reason that changes are not always saved in Box?

Community Manager

Hi @tylerhoecker,

Thanks for your post. If you open a google sheet from Box, you should simply have to close the google sheet window to see the changes saved back to Box. 

If this is not consistent with what you're seeing, you may want to submit a case to our support team. They can check on our Google Integration to see what's happening, but you should make sure you're opening the google sheet correctly from Box. 

New Contributor

Hi Howard, 

As I described in my post, when I closed the Google sheet window, the changes were not saved to Box. They were saved on my Google Drive, which does suggest there is a problem with your Integration process. This doesn't happen every time, but losing changes once can still be very problematic. Since I've resolved the problem, I don't plan to submit a case to your support team, but you may want to pass along the message if this is important functionality to Box. 

Thanks for your reply.

Users online (2,018)