auto-start after high sierra

SOLVED
Go to solution
New Contributor

auto-start after high sierra

Hi, after high sierra update, box sync is not starting automatically when the system starts. i have to start the app.

7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: auto-start after high sierra

Hi @kuantou,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you changed any settings for your default programs?

This would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information. If so, you should contact Box Support to help you directly.

New Contributor

Well most app have the option to start with the system or not. But box preferences panel is very poor.
New Contributor

I have this same issue.

Highlighted

I had the same problem and had to enter it back in to the Login Startup items on my MAC. After I did that it worked well. 

Go to Users & Groups and click on Login Items.

Community Manager

Thanks @rossg18 for that great post!

@imjeffp and @kuantou did this solve your question? If so, give props and tell the community by clicking the Accept Solution button beneath @rossg18 post!

Thanks for your time in the community and appreciate your help!

New Contributor

I've tried this 3 times and cannot get box sync to open with High Sierra?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

Additionally have put it in login apps and still nothing.  

Any other solutions before I change back to Dropbox?

New Contributor

My solution was to reformat and reinstall High Sierra from scratch. I’m totally disgusted with it.

That fixed my Box auto-login issue, but I still have problems with wake from sleep and messages, plus the occasional freeze. Don’t know if if its High Sierra or Adobe Creative Suite, but something’s not right.