Unable to deactivate Personal Pro account

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unable to deactivate Personal Pro account

The article, Canceling Your Personal or Starter Account, shows a blue button on the Account page. However, my Account page has no button. Tried in both Chrome and Firefox.

Searched the internet and I found some evidence that I may be able to do it through the Box iPhone app. The Box iPhone app referred me to cancel the subscription through the Apple iTunes/App Store. However, there are two problems with this:

1. The instructions are out of date and do not match the current UI for the App Store/Subscriptions/Apple ID/etc.
  2. My Box subscription is billed directly to my credit card, not through App Store subscription

Just for kicks, I tried everything I could think of to find the App Store subscriptions settings and found no trace of a Box subscription anywhere.

I'm about to file a ticket or email support, but thought I would post here as well. Anybody else having problems with this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Unable to deactivate Personal Pro account

Hi @apush,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

Would it be possible for you to reach out to our Billing team? You can contact them at billing@box.com or call +18777294269 so they can help you directly.

Community Manager

Re: Unable to deactivate Personal Pro account

Hi @apush,

Thanks for this call out and we appreciate highlighting this to our team. 

The article you mentioned, https://community.box.com/t5/How-to-Guides-for-Billing/Canceling-your-Personal-or-Starter-Account/ta..., provides instructions and images that only apply to Personal accounts and Starter Accounts, but not personal pro in your case. 

We'll look to clarify this in our articles, but also work on creating clearer instructions for Personal Pro accounts like yours. For now please follow @katrinaa's instruction or if you already submitted a case, our billing team will work with you on getting this set up. 

Thanks for the call out and help!