Retention policies - Extend deletion date

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Retention policies - Extend deletion date

I have been looking at the (very helpful) notes on Retention policies here:
It states that one of the options available 'After policy ends:' is 'Allow Folder owners and Co-owners to extend deletion date'.

Is anyone able to anyone tell me how that works? How does the owner/co-owner know that they can extend it and how long can they extend it for? What happens after the extended period ends?

3 REPLIES
Box Certified Professional

Re: Retention policies - Extend deletion date

Hi @EMD1

I'm no expert in this area.  From what I recall in training there isn't a button saying (hey you can extend this!) it is basically either the ability to do it, or not.  You have to click it to see if you can extend it.

I believe the extension time is not limited, or if it is limited it is limited to the original hold time.  I'd recommend setting up a test folder with a deletion period of 1 day and see what happens.

I hope this helps

Rob

Box Certified Professional

As always,

You can call box support and request further information from a subject matter expert.  The service desk guys are really good at finding that type of information for you!

Thanks again

Rob

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rob,

Yes that is probably the easiest way to find out. I don't currently have access to a test environment, but have now requested as it will enable me to explore further..

Kind regards,

Elaine.