Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
The blueprint for the future of work
Register today!
Attend BoxWorks
Desktop, meet cloud.
Box Drive is the easiest and fastest way to connect to the cloud — without changing the way you work.
View resources

Loading a previous version: An error has occurred while loading this feature

I need help recovering an old version of my files but everytime I try to look at old versions a message appears: 'An error has occurred while loading this feature.'

How can I sort this out?!?!

Community Manager

Re: Loading a previous version: An error has occurred while loading this feature

Hi @louiseford156,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Do you see the error message when you try to preview the older version or download the new version/set it as current? Are you an editor of the folder and have the necessary permissions?

Can your folder owner change the file version? Thanks for your info and appreciate sharing this information with the community!

New Contributor

Re: Loading a previous version: An error has occurred while loading this feature

I have the same problem.

I get an error message, when I click on versions

I have the same problem as well. Can't view Previous Versions of any files.

New Contributor

is there a solution for this yet?

Community Manager

Hi @roake and others,

Thanks for your post and question!

Your post seems like it may require account specific information/configuration and a user service agent can help you troubleshoot this issue. For those, you should contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page.

I have the same error. Can't believe that this has not been sorted out!

Community Manager

Hi @MarcelHoffmann,

If you have a specific issue,  contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page.

Respected Contributor

Hello All,

It is always more helpful to identify the issue rather than hurling frustrations.  If any of you are still experiencing this issue, can one of you please provide complete steps on what you're doing and the results you see when you do them?  For example:

1. Using Chrome I log into box.

2. I locate the file and click on [v12] to open versioning

3. I find the version I am looking for and click [download]

4. I see the following error <screenshot>

This type of information helps us help you.  I don't work for box - I'm just trying to help my colleagues work through issues in my spare time.

Frequent Visitor

Sure!

1. Using Chrome I log into box.

2. I locate the file and click on [v3] to open versioning

3. I immediately get the error message " Error: An error has occurred while loading this feature."

It does not allow me to get to the step of finding the version I am looking for.  

Users online (203)