Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
The blueprint for the future of work
Register today!
Attend BoxWorks
Desktop, meet cloud.
Box Drive is the easiest and fastest way to connect to the cloud — without changing the way you work.
View resources

Re: Error: The current Box Sync cannot be used because Box Sync requires a NTFS or HFS file system..

OSX 10.13 is a BETA. Install a BETA and take the consequences. Now if box sync doesn't support APFS when it comes out of BETA., then add me to the group of dissatisfied (and paying) users.

New Contributor

Re: Error: The current Box Sync cannot be used because Box Sync requires a NTFS or HFS file system..

Many thanks for the workaround. Box drive now seems to be running. Hopefully box will make an official update before too long (I guess high sierra is out of beta before too long anyhow)

Highlighted

YMMV but macOS 10.13 (17A360a) and Box Sync.app 4.0.7848 appear to be working fine for me. I upgraded to the new beta version of macOS and then installed Box Sync.app for the first time. No errors, and a successful sync. Box Tools also installed without error and seemingly full functionality. 

New Contributor

I contacted Box support for an ETA on the release of a Box Drive client that will support High Sierra and here is the response: "The ETA on releasing a Box Drive/Sync compatible with the upcoming release of Mac OS High Sierra by the end of this year (Quarter 3/4). "  Meanwhile I am using the Fuse OSX work around, thank you very much for the suggestion.