Downloading Issue

New Contributor

Downloading Issue

My department is having an issue where outside clients are stating they are not receiving the shared link. When I look at the details for the shared files, they show multiple downloads from me - the folder owner - at times where I was not viewing or downloading the files in question. I spot checked a number of the files we are currently sharing by shared link and found all of them show downloads by me when I can assure I didn't access them. Is there a known issue that could be causing this to occur?

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Downloading Issue

Hi @RyanCoomer,

Thanks for your post and question!

Sorry to hear about this inconsistency with access stats as this is not expected behavior with Box.

This would be something our Box Support team would like to investigate with you and will require specific account information. When did this start happening and is it for specific files (files you own versus files you don't own?)

If you can share all that info, you can contact Box Support to help you directly.

New Contributor

Re: Downloading Issue

I was made aware of the situation on Tuesday morning. I am the owner on all folders where this has been occurring. It also only appears to be ones where a shared link has been emailed.  I hope that helps.