Box Sync Icons Not showing in Finder Folder

New Contributor

Box Sync Icons Not showing in Finder Folder

I have Box Sync installed on two computers. 

On my work computer I see the blue and yellow icons next to each file and folder in my finder. From my finder I am able to lock files, copy links, unsync, ect. 

However, on my personal computer I do not see these icons and have to do that all through an internet browser. Files still sync but I don't have the added functions. Does anyone know how I can get those blue/yellow icons to show?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Box Sync

Hello @agreenberg

Are you sure you have box sync on both and not box sync on one and box drive on the other?

New Contributor

Yes I am sure
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @agreenberg,

Thanks for your post and question!

If you're using a Mac, I usually resolve this issue by going to the finder extension (System Preferences) and disabling and reenabling the finder extension for Box.

That usually makes the icons reappear for Mac and gives me back functionality in the finder. 

If it's for Windows, it may be a reg key issue limitation. Check out this thread for a similar case:

https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Troubleshooting-Forum/Sync-Icons-not-displaying-Win-10/m-p/42310#M2...

Let the community know if this helps

The icons are gone for me as well, but I believe it's because I updated to High Sierra.