Batch Removal of Collaborators from Folder?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Batch Removal of Collaborators from Folder?

Hi All,

Made a huge mistake and added a large volume of people to a folder (1800) for a video challenge where we needed to give access to people to upload a video.

Now they are all getting inundated with emails every time someone joins and comments --- EEK! I have a lot of angry people. Now I have turned off the notifications.

HOW do I remove multiple collaborators at once from a folder? Is this possible? The only option I see is to remove one at a time - and I need to remove about 1500. This will take me hours.....anyone have any suggestions?? Much appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Batch Removal of Collaborators from Folder?

Hi @janine12225,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

We currently do not have a way to remove bulk collaborators. You need to manually remove them by opening the appropriate folder. 

The Box Community team shares selected conversations with the community back to other Box teams from time to time, including product feedback. However, if you'd like to provide direct feedback you can always submit a case to Box support.

Thanks for your help and time in the Community!

Box Certified Professional

@janine12225,

Yes, this sucks. Box really needs to fix this one. 

It's not a very satisfying solution, but in a pinch you can just copy the content to a new folder and delete the original. Unfortunately the comments will not move with it.

Bob

Box Certified Professional

@janine12225

If your concern is not access to the videos (for this you need to remove the collaborators) but rather the notifications, you can use the folder setting "Disable all email notifications for all collaborators" to keep notifications from going out.

MaryBeth

Users online (284)