Testing email notifications

Testing email notifications

Now you can send test notifications from the Admin Consoleso you can confirm that email notifications are delivered successfully.

Important: Box is providing this feature so that you can test and validate notification delivery through our new email service provider, before we switch to using the new provider for all email notifications in March 2020.   For more details please see this article: Notifications: change of email service provider.   

In the Admin Console, navigate to Enterprise Settings > Notifications tab.  From there you can use the Email Test section to send a test notification.   

Notifications Test Admin.png

This new feature helps you troubleshoot email delivery issues within your organization.    You may need to work with your organization's IT department to update your filters to allow email notifications to reach your users, depending on your organization's security and email configuration.

Please note: this functionality is only available to Admins and Co-admins who have access to view Enterprise Settings.   For Co-Admin, you must have the following permissions to access the Email Test section of the Notifications tab.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 3.38.50 PM.png

28 Comments
Box Employee
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Box Employee
Status changed to: Announcement

Me 

Box,

Can you include an individuals' test button to see if specific people can receive emails? I know sometimes Box has individuals on suppression/block lists, so that would make this test email beneficial; not for the Org's main Admin to receive the test email.

Edwin

Refreshed multiple times at different times of day. Please advise. Thanks!

Box EM Notification Test Page.PNG

Occasional Contributor

When I click the "send email" button to do a test, will an email be sent to all of my users or just my administrators?

Regular Visitor

Test worked. Do I reset the 'Disable email notifications ' - ie, un-select that button after the test?

Do not see the EMail Test section. I only have EMail Notifications and EMail Settings sections.

I don't see a section for Email Test.

New Contributor

👌

New Contributor

test worked. 

New Contributor

I don't see an "Email Test" section on the Enterprise Settings \ Notifications page. How do I get that to show up?

Box Employee

Hi everyone.    Thanks for your comments and questions.   Several of you have mentioned that can't access the Email Test section of the Notifications Tab.  

The Email Test functionality is only available to Admins and Co-admins who have access to view Enterprise Settings.   For Co-Admins, you must have the following permissions to access the Email Test section of the Notifications tab.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 3.38.50 PM.png

I don't have the test email section. I am a co-admin and I can't find where it shows the table checkboxes. When I go to the user information, it shows I have admin privileges over all users (except main admin) checked. Please advise.box.png

New Contributor
I have enterprise settings view permissions that's why I am able to see the
Notifications page. However I don't see the Email Test section. See below:

[image: image.png]
Regular Visitor

I do not see a Send Email test button. I am an Admin

Hi

Email notification Test didn't work for me. No emails were received in the admin mailbox and we didn't see any emails blocked by our antispam or O365.

are there some extra configurations that should be done

To Box Employees--  You know what would be really useful?  An archive of all invitations sent by e-mail, and/or the ability to cc: the sender.  Currently there is no record available of these communications which is sub-optimal. 

New Contributor

Hello,

Can Box please provide us with the sending mail server IP addresses for the new email notification service so as to create an appropriate white list policy on our email gateway?  I just ran a test email delivery from the new system and the test messages are grey listed.

Thanks,

Box Employee

Hi everyone-

We further simplified the permissions required for access to the Email test section of the Notifications tab.   

Users with the Admin role should automatically be able to view the Email test section. 

Users with the Co-admin role require the “View settings and apps for your company” Co-admin permission as shown below.

User permissions.png

Occasional Contributor

test

Occasional Contributor

test email

Occasional Contributor

Testing

Occasional Contributor

I followed instructions and the notifications page is not showing. Refreshing is not working... Please help.

Click the link to download screen shot. your editor would not let me upload a picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwm6c6zysg93dat/Screenshot_2020_01_23_11_19_48%402x.jpg?dl=0

Occasional Contributor

I followed instructions and the notifications page is not showing. Refreshing is not working... Please help.

Box Employee

@ProgVox I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble testing your email notifications. Our best troubleshooting is done through our support team. Would you be able to open a ticket here so that we may make sure you are properly assisted? Please let me know if you have any trouble opening a ticket.

Box Employee
@urosa Regarding: sending mail server IP addresses Please open a support case so that we may make sure you are properly assisted and update your whitelist. https://community.box.com/t5/Contact-Support/ct-p/BoxSupport Please let us know if you have any trouble opening a ticket.
Regular Visitor

the test email work (I received a Box email).   I assume if it worked I am good and do not need to make any additional changes.   

The  Box Deprecations update Q1 2020 has a beginning of February 24th.   Will I receive communications when the change impacts us?