Box for Salesforce

0 Kudos

Box for Salesforce

Box for Salesforce

• On July 31, 2019 we will end product support for all versions of Box for Salesforce that are older than the most recent version.  To ensure that you are on the most recent version of the integration, please follow the instructions outlined here to upgrade.
  • After July 31, 2019, users may continue to use previous versions of Box for Salesforce, but we will support only the most recent available version.  Support may include Box Product Support, bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds and patches for critical bugs.
7 Comments
Box Employee
Status changed to: Deprecated

Occasional Contributor

Y'all are making me nervous here... Are there plans to stop supporting Box for Salesforce altogether? Or is this just a dramatic way of urging us to keep our installation up to date?

New Contributor

What  is the most recent version of your Box for Salesforce package? I know how to find the version we have installed in Salesforce but I dont know where on your side to confirm its the most recent version. The link in the Deprecation notice is for installing  it net new, not a way to know what the most recent version is. 

Thanks!

Box Certified Professional

Ditto @joyann. Can you simply provide the version we should be on rather than the equivalent of 20 pages of documentation on how to install it?

Thank you!

Box Employee

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your questions. To clarify, we are not ending support for Box for Salesforce altogether. We wanted to let customers know that going forward, we will be providing support for only the most recent version of the integration. In practice, what this means, is that if you encounter a bug or issue and call into our Product Support team, they will first advise you to upgrade to the latest version to see if this fixes your issue before checking in with our internal engineering teams on a fix. Box for Salesforce is one of our oldest integrations with hundreds of versions to date, so want to ensure that our customers are always using the latest and greatest version that incorporates all the most up-to-date patches and bug fixes.

You can find the latest version number on our official Salesforce AppExchange listing: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001qNeKEAU. As of today, we are on V3.55.

@PlancorpErick @joyann @kaustin754 - hope this answers your questions. Let us know if you have any further questions! Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Sounds good; thanks @ohmichelle!

New Contributor
Thank you, that's helpful!

Is there a Release page/list I can follow? Looks like there was a new
release a few weeks ago but I didnt get any notification about it.