Box Tools on Windows (v 4.10.3)

Box Tools on Windows (v 4.10.3)

Hello All,

We are releasing an update to Box Tools on Windows (v 4.10.3), that resolves the 'unable to save to Box' error when users try saving files using Box Tools on Windows.

Thanks,

- Box Tools Team

13 Comments
Box Employee
Status changed to: Rolling Out

Occasional Contributor

If this works you guys will have helped eliminate one of the #1 complaints people have with Box Edit!

Occasional Contributor

Is there anyway to get access to this installer ASAP? A majority of my users depend on Box Edit in their workflows and this issue we have been experiencing has been a huge issue for us.

Box Certified Professional

Agree - having the MSI installer package ahead of time would allow us to prepare our internal SW push packages and start installing directly for users who are experiencing the issue many times a day.

Occasional Visitor

How do i access the update?

New Contributor

How do we get the update?

Frequent Visitor

Hello, any word if this update is available already?  Thanks!

Is the update available for download somewhere yet?

Community Manager

The update is being gradually released and should reach 100% later today, assuming there are no unexpected interruptions. After the release is at 100% all public download links will be updated with the latest version.

Box Employee
Status changed to: Launched

New Contributor

how do we access this 'public download link'?

Community Manager

@Deesnyder10 The following support article includes links to the download location depending on the installation type: https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043697334-Installing-Box-Tools

Contributor

I agree - I hope this fixes all of these issues that my users have been having lately with Box Edit/Tools! I was about to turn off Edit/Tools for my entire enterprise because they have been having so many issues... It also would have been nice if Box would have let us admins know of the issue LONG before this fix release... I have been spending half my days the past few weeks reinstalling Box Tools, clearing caches, restarting computers, creating new "Documents" folders in the hidden Local folder, etc. It has been a real pain as an admin...