Launched: Box for Gmail

Box Employee
We're incredibly excited to announce our newest integration, Box for Gmail, available today on the G Suite Marketplace. With Box for Gmail, teams can streamline email collaboration by accessing their Box content from within the Gmail interface.

With Box for Gmail, users can:
  • Save emails and attachments to Box: Download the contents of an email, and email attachments, directly to Box without leaving the Gmail interface.
  • Add Box files to emails: Keep your content securely managed in Box by attaching a Box file's shared link to any email without leaving the Gmail interface.
  • Easily manage permissions: Manage the permissions of a shared Box file directly from Gmail to ensure the right people can always access content.
  • Enable robust security: Apply Box’s enterprise-grade security, compliance, and governance capabilities to your email attachments.
  • Easily set up: Install Box for Gmail with just a few clicks and get started right away. 
02 Select Folder Frame@2x.pngSeamlessly attach files from Box or save email attachments to Box with just a few clicks to ensure email content is consistently managed with Box’s security, compliance, and governance capabilities. 

Get started today! Find and install Box for Gmail on the G Suite Marketplace.  

Note: For businesses, Box admins must first enable Gmail as an approved application in their Box Admin Console enterprise settings and G Suite Admin Console. Please find instructions and more information on the Box for Gmail Community Page.

Additional information:
Comments
First-time Contributor

Good Day Bushra

I would love your assistance in understanding why this feature requires that we have Google Drive and Docs enabled on the Org? For us, this defeats the purpose. Box is our document management system, so therefore, we do not allow our users to access Drive or Docs (these are linked feature).

When we have tried to implement this feature, we get the error "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Docs Editors. Please log in to your Admin Console to enable Google Docs Editors"

This seems very counter intuitive to me and I would love to see you all make this feature work without the customer having to allow their users to utilize another document management system.

If this is a requirement, as an organization my preference would be to just migrate from Box to Drive since I would need to manage Drive anyways if I have to turn it on for my users.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts on this.