Launched: Box Edit v3.5.3.383

Box Employee

In this Box Edit update, Device Trust domain checks will now be compatible with Azure AD domains! We have also included additional bug fixes and stability improvements in this build!

Comments
Contributor

@bushra_rahman - I know how to see what version of Box Edit a Windows user is on, but how can I tell what version of Box Edit a Mac user is on? Also, how do I know Box Edit has updated? Will it do it manually, or will it do it automatically? Thanks!

Box Employee

@acivory On Mac, you can go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Box/Box Edit, right click on Box Edit.app and click on "Get Info". 

Note - /Users/<user>/Library may be hidden.  If it is, try the following:  When you have finder open and selected, look at the navigation bar at the top of your screen and select the menu option "Go".  While that menu is expanded, press and hold the option key - you should see "Library" appear then.

Contributor

Thank you, @kywil0327! I can see that I am on quite an old version of Box Edit. Does Box Edit not automatically update to the newest version (for both Mac and Windows)? Do I have to manually download and install Box Edit each time a new version comes out?

2017-11-27_13-57-48.png

Contributor

I see that on my Windows machine, it is v3.5.3.383 and I didn't manually update/download this version, so it seems like there is an auto-update. Is that only the case with Windows users, or is this update only applicable to Windows users? Are the versions for Windows and Mac different? If so, how can I know that my Mac version is up to date?

Thanks!

Box Employee

Hey @acivory - Edit will update silently so you don't have to worry about that Smiley Happy.  You are on the current version of Box Tools for Mac.  This was a windows only release, that is why the versions don't quite match up.

Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, @kywil0327! It might be helpful moving forward for these Product News posts to clarify the operating system the update affects so users don't get confused. Thanks!