Coming Soon: Single File Collaboration

Box Employee

We’re always looking for ways to improve sharing and collaboration in Box. To make it easier than ever to invite someone to edit a file, we will soon launch the ability to ‘invite collaborators’ to individual files (previously collaborators could only be invited at the folder level.) Learn more here

Comments

Looking over the powerpoint https://cloud.app.box.com/s/avl6cmbs5vnfst5eflql9axgtk0pmovp,

I see the following:

What permission levels are available when inviting a collaborator to a file?

* Web: Editor is the only permission level available when inviting a collaborator, howeer you are able to change a collaborator to a “viewer” from the File Collaborations page.

* Mobile: Editor and Viewer will be available options with Editor as the default option

Why the different processes for the different interfaces? (Consistency, especially with file protections being an acknowledged good thing). Are there plans to make Mobile and Web have the same options?

Thanks! --Gretchen

Contributor

I  see that collaborated files will show up in the user's All Files area.  I've had users complain about the clutter that just having folders show up under All Files and I agree that it does create a certain degree of clutter that the user has no control over.  I can imagine that having individual files is just going to add to that clutter and user frustration.  Has Box considered having collaborated items grouped in a collaboration folder, similar to Google's "Shared with me" folder?