Coming Soon: Preview Sidebar Design Changes

Box Employee
We're updating the Preview sidebar navigation to move to a vertical tab bar model instead of the current 'Activity' and 'Details' headers to streamline navigation and make way for future updates planned for Preview. More information, including screenshots, available here.

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.06.03 PM.png

Comments
First-time Contributor

Hi, Bushra.

Can you tell us when this UI change will be rolled out so that we can plan how to adjust our test scripts? Also, I read the details but am not really understanding what the user will actually do in this new sidebar. What exactly is moving to the sidebar (which tab options?), and where are these tab options currently?

Thank you.

Box Employee
@rcorvino - We plan to release this change in late June to all users. To answer your question, instead of 'Activity' and 'Details' being tabs along the top of the sidebar (shown with the lines beneath them in the picture on the left above), those same two options will be displayed as icons in the vertical tab bar, where users can then navigate between those two tabs.
New Contributor

How do we hide the sidebar? Your changes relocated the button.

Box Employee

@jniro Simply click on the 'active' tab (the tab with the blue or black icon/line) to close the sidebar. So, in the screenshot above, clicking the Activity tab (message icon) will close the sidebar. 

Occasional Contributor

Wow, that is incredibly non-obvious.  I didn't "get" it until your post, even after reading the instructions a couple of times.

On the other hand, I do like the new look.

New Contributor

Wasn't intuitive. Could be summarized as "click the speech bubble (aka 'Activity') until the sidebar minimizes; requires 1 or 2 clicks"

Occasional Contributor
Agreed. Non-obvious and not intuitive. Majority of users would have been able to figured that out on their own.