Coming Soon: Box Drive 1.19

Community Manager

In this release of of Box Drive, we have included various bug fixes and stability improvements. Some highlights are listed below:

• On Windows, folder and file icons were disappearing after rebooting their machine.
  • Box Drive was crashing when an application (such as Outlook) was launched before Box Drive and had a prior Box file handle open.
Comments
New Contributor

Will Mark for Offline be available in this version?

New Contributor

I have been checking the Box Product News everyday since 1st September for a Box Drive update informing us about BoxDrive Offline support since being told by a Box employee that we would see this in September 2018.

Perhaps I should have verified the year of release, is it going to 2019 or maybe even 2020!

Common Box this is now beyond a joke...

Box Certified Professional
At BoxWorks in September 2018 they announced the beta for Mark for Offline. See https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Drive-Mark-for-Offline-Beta/ct-p/MFOBeta. I'm already using it. Works great.

B

@BobFlynn-IU

I have not tried the Beta yet but do you know if the either folder and file can be marked offline? Is there any limit to the size allowed for offline folders and files?

Cache limit has been a great selling point of Box Drive over Box Sync, so I am curious if there will be a limit too with Mark for Offline.

New Contributor

Great to know there is a beta, at least there is hope. @Howard can box not share anything else with their customers about timelines?

How do we get involved with the beta

Community Manager

Hi @markismyth,

To participate in the Beta, you can contact your Customer Success Manager to get you signed up for the next wave in the Beta. Mark for Offline will be coming very soon, so please stay tuned!

@hsandy, regarding marking for offline, syncing folders is the only option for now.

@Howard

Thank you for the clarification. What about the limit of size that can be Marked for offline?

@Howard

Thank you for the clarification. Is there any limit of size that can be Marked for offline?