Box Capture

Highlighted

Box Capture

Hi Box DC.

At our last meeting Box Capture was discussed. I immediately installed the App on my iPhone and began using it. It worked great for me. I have since introduced it to the rest of my staff. The first user who installed it on their iPhone tried to login and received an error message " Could not complete login because the app is not authorized. Please contact your administrator for more information. Is this a permission setting in Box I need to enable?

I didn't see the setting for that individual and I was able to login. Any other ideas?

Rick

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Box Capture

Hi @Saundersric,

Thanks for sharing with the group! Glad that Box Capture has been a good experience for you, but sorry to hear for the other individual. I'm curious if you know what account the person logged in with because that's usually a setting with business accounts that have an admin set a restriction on how many devices they can login with or how many applications can use their Box account. 

If it's not the case, then maybe the person can share a little more about their experience? Hope that helps get started Rick but keep sharing your mobile experience with the group!

For example:

https://community.box.com/t5/How-To-Guides-for-Mobile/Understanding-Mobile-Security-Settings/ta-p/26...

Hi Howard,

I am the Admin and I can use Box Capture with my account. The other user is a standard user and receives the error message. I checked the business settings and allow using to use the App is enabled. I do not have any restrictions. Several users have downloaded and use the Box Drive App.

Rick

Rick,

Have you disabled the Box Capture app under Admin console > Enterprise Settings > Apps?

Also what version of the App did they install the Box Capture or Box Capture EMM?

Best,
Robert

Robert,

Apps are enabled in Admin console > Enterprise Settings > App. I checked Box Capture specifically as well and it is enabled.

I have Box Capture installed on my iPhone and it works. I got my hands on their iPhone and they were using Box Capture EMM. I had them download Box Capture and it works! Thanks for the tip

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.  Good info.