Open AutoCAD from BOX on iphone

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Open AutoCAD from BOX on iphone

Hello All,  I've read a lot of post but I can't find anything saying how to open AutoCAD (.dwg) file from Box using an iPhone or any other phone. Box recognizes a lot of files like Word, Excel & pdf, but not .dwg.  Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so please guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

Scott

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Open AutoCAD from BOX on iphone

Hi @sgoodson,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

Thanks for exploring the community for your answer. I would refer to this article here about supported file types:

https://community.box.com/t5/How-to-Guides-for-Managing/File-Types-and-Fonts-Supported-in-Box-Conten...

I don't believe .dwg files are supported. While you can definitely store them on Box, you will not be able to preview the file on Box.com. If you have the files synced, you can still click on the downloaded content synced from Box and open it in the default program on the desktop for .dwg files.

Hope that helps!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Open AutoCAD from BOX on iphone

Thanks for the reply Howard,  I think I figured it out. I first had to log on to the AutoCAD app before it would give me the option to choose that app.  So now when I open Box on my phone, find and click on the dwg file, click on the upward arrow, scroll thru the listed programs and AutoCAD is there, click on that and it opens the files. 

Thanks for you help

Scott

Users online (2,927)