Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

New interface - Training

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We like the short videos at the Box User Tutorial Video Library. Will you update them for the new interface Box is using?

Also, many of the examples are in Mac. I think that's creative, but probably does not represent the larger portion of Box Users. It's cool to include that OS, but I didn't see much of Windows OS which could cause minor confusion with the majority.

Thanks

Box Employee

Re: New interface - Training

@infostruction

Thanks for your feedback and question!

We've begun the process of updating our entire User Video Tutorial Library to reflect Box's new web experience.  For example, this one's already updated: Five Skills to Get Started Fast.  You may also want to check out (and share!) this quick video introduction to our new user interface, especially if you or your colleagues are already accustomed to our legacy web experience.

Also, good eye with your notice that many of our training videos reflect a Mac OS -- there's no grand design purpose here.  Our videos simply show the OS of whomever created them.   Good news, though: the Box web application works the same way for both Mac and PC.  So you'll experience the same features and functionality, independent of your operating system.  

We hope you find our video tutorials helpful, and stay tuned as we update the library with the New Box Experience over the coming months!

New Contributor

Hi,

That's great news, thanks for adding notes. 

The main differences in Mac for me werre with Box Sync, and a few other clips in the video. Most important is the interface though, which works similar on both with Box v2.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

If you keep in mind that the training takes place within the browser and there is nothing which is downloaded to the host, there are differences which are browser specific, but I really could think of anything that was OS specific....was there anything in particular that you had in mind. 

New Contributor

The only two I can think of relate to Windows, and how the local applications are presented:

Box Sync - Location of Icon in System Tray, Right Click Menu, File Window (Explorer) orientation, and general usage of that app.

Box Edit - Notifications near System Tray in Windows are extensive as a recent enhancement. They confirm upload, open, close etc.

Valued Contributor

That's fair, but there are quite a few that come off of the MacOS version
as well.....
New Contributor

This isn't about love, or dislike of MacOS, it's about making the videos modern with the new interface. MacOS has maybe what, 10% market share at best? The videos should be showing Windows, the system that the majority uses. A user getting familiar with Box Sync isn't going to learn much by watching the movements on Mac, just the reality of it. I don't care to nitpick the details, becuase I'm pointing out the gaping issue in disparity of the trainers preferred OS, versus the one that's really being used. I have 3 people on Mac, and hundreds on Windows. The reality factor....

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by Howard (Community Manager)
‎03-14-2017 01:45 PM
Box Employee

Hi!

This is a bit after the fact, but we do have all new training videos for the new UI available now!

You can see them here:

https://cloud.app.box.com/v/allnewboxuservideos