Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
The blueprint for the future of work
Register today!
Attend BoxWorks
Desktop, meet cloud.
Box Drive is the easiest and fastest way to connect to the cloud — without changing the way you work.
View resources
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Drive Mapping

I'm looking to map a drive in windows to one of our Box folders, is there a way to do this?  I tried mapping to the webdav site, but that only gets me to the top level.  Is it possible to map further down?

Solution
Accepted by topic author scottfuller
‎01-25-2016 09:26 AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Drive Mapping

Yep. If you add the rest of the path to the end of the webdav url, it will mount a drive to that subfolder precisely. Use url substitution rules for special characters if it doesn't work right away.
New Contributor

Thanks, I think I'm running into a special character issue.

Valued Contributor

Would you be so kind as to expand on your comment....for those of us mere mortals that can't get to the BoxRing Smiley Happy

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi @jszesq,

I've removed the post you replied to, as it violated our community guidelines. But once I removed it, I realized that your reply looked strange out of context. My apologies!

If anyone is wondering who @jszesq was talking to, that post has been removed.

Sorry to all for any confusion!

Occasional Visitor

Hi, could you explain what you mean by Webdav, I am not expert in these matters and just want to find the url to input in the "map network drive" box under file explorer.

Thanks for any help you can give

Max

Community Manager

Hi @maxdba,

You can check out this article about Using Box with WebDav here for a walkthrough!