Highlighted
New Contributor

Change email

How to change email
9 REPLIES
Box Certified Professional

Re: Change email

@Berndpawlik,

The Box Community site (this site) has a lot of great documentation. When I put "change email" into the search box I came up with the document How Do I Change My Password Or Email Address?

HTH,

Bob 

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
2709 E. Tenth Street Bloomington, IN 47408
New Contributor

Thank you, didn't find it in box for Android 😁
New Contributor

Now OK

Nope, this only works under the old Box interface.

@MBlock1,

That's actually not accurate. It works under the new UI as well. It just looks a little different. If you don't have the option to do it, it is because your Box admin has removed the option to do it. We allow our users to add aliases, but not set the primary. They have to request the Box admin to change which is primary. By policy we have restricted users ability to change the primary email address. There are two relevant settings. The first is most relevant here. Your Box admin can grant or remove users' ability to change their primary email. The second requires the help of your Box CSM. That is the ability to allow or restrict email addresses from outside the list of domains associated with your Box instance. We restrict. That means you can't add an alias of, say, your gmail address on your work Box account. If you were to allow both, as some Box instances do, it would allow users to add an external email and make it primary. That's bad juju in our book.

HTH,

Bob

Indiana University
New Contributor

Hi, 

Can a box employee please reach out to me? I am unable to change my email address, and my company is requiring I do so. 

Thanks,

Jenna

Hi @jfranze,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

Kindly submit a ticket to our Box Support Team so they can help you directly.

New Contributor

Your system will not let me send any emails--it only directs me to articles that will not solve my problem. I need help, but your member support platform makes it impossible to get the help I need. 

@jfranze,

Are you able to submit a ticket on the Box Support case form

Is your Box account part of an organization or is it a personal account? If part of an organization, have you contacted your own Box admin for assistance? You can find your Box admin by going to Account Settings (in your Box account, not this forum) and then look at the bottom of the Accounts tab. It will show the contact email of your admin.

HTH,

Bob

Indiana University
Users online (475)