Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Allow people with link to upload files w/o adding collaborator

Hello,

Where are the settings to allow anyone with the shared folder link to upload files w/o needing to add collaborators? Thanks.

Box Employee

Re: Allow people with link to upload files w/o adding collaborator

Hi @stom.

In order to upload to a folder there are a few options:

1. invite to collaborate and grant them an access level able to upload (not what you are looking for)

2. Upload widget

3. Email upload

2 and 3 do not require others being a collaborator or having a Box account.

Occasional Contributor

None of those are good enough. I have 100 persons that I want to share a folder with so that they can upload proposals into that folder. If I am not mistaken, previously it was possible to send out a link to a folder with the permission to upload into that folder. Why was this feature removed? When will it be back?

Thank you

Box Certified Professional

@MartinFabian,

Yes, that is possible. It's called an Invitation Link. The owner of the folder (and only the owner) can enable it under the folder's settings. You would set the link permission level to Uploader and then copy it and email it out to those you wish to have that permission. But they will need a Box account because they will be a collaborator. Also note that Uploader does allow the person to see the names of the other files in the folder.

It depends on your priority. If not making them get free Box accounts in the priority, then @maltus's recommendations (2 & 3) are the best. If they are small files (under a couple of MB) email to folder is the simplest. Otherwise I would recommend the upload widget. It's clean and simple.

Bob

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
2709 E. Tenth Street Bloomington, IN 47408
Occasional Contributor

@BobFlynn-IU

Great! I found the link, thank you. 
These are all people from with our faculty and they all have SSO box accounts, so that part is no problem.

Thanks again

Regular Visitor

I HOWEVER DO NOT HAVE A CO- WORKER WITH A box ACCOUNT AND THE "OPTION #2 WITH THE WIGET" idea  REQUIRES ( sorry caps off ) that I send it to him ( invitee ) on a webpage ( none ) or a posting page? <what is that?

I have no solution so for. I'm an Enterprise customer so I'm sure there IS an answer?

I have very little time to search BOX for tutorials ( have done some of that ) ( common ) but can't figure out why some folders I simply invite a person to, to view it as an uploader-viewer....well it works fine. Other times they get a login box and can see the folder but can do nothing with it. ( no upload for ex. ) Is it just that they do not have a BOX account? ( free or otherwise ? )

IS there a scenario where I can invite a person to upload/down where they are not getting a free BOX account? I work with appraisers who may or may not have or want an account to just view summaries of comparable properties.

The widget only works for webpage or "posting page?" (something or other) that is a mystery to me.

Also: files are often too big for the "email upload" option originally suggested as #3? or #2

Thanks

Lauren