BCP not saving my work

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

BCP not saving my work

Every time I log into my Box Certified Professional course, none of my work is saved and I'm back at square one. So, I've quit trying to do it even though I paid for it. I don't see a "save" button anywhere. Why can't I just pick up where I left off? 

Also, it seems hard to find without a bookmark? How come when I log into Box there isn't an obvious navigation to the courses I'm registered for. This seems like a design flaw. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: BCP not saving my work

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.

We can certainly dive deeper if you contact bcp@box.com, but hopefully my response below will resolve your concerns. 

The BCP Online Curriculum in Box University should track progress as you complete various modules and sections. 

I've included this screenshot as a sample of my progress.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 4.33.02 PM.png

If you have a particular issue with a self-paced course within the curriculum not tracking your progress, please consider these potential factors that have been known to contribute to progress not being tracked:

• You're using VPN and the server has switched during the time you have the course opened.
  • The internet connection you're using had a brief disconnection, such as switching wifi hotspots or your computer going to sleep.
  • You've been inactive within Box University for an extended period of time, such as 2 hours or more. 
  • The Box University curriculum site was closed by accident while you were viewing the course in a new window.

An easy way to test if the system is tracking your progress is to start one of the self-paced courses, such as Admin Essentials Interactive Self-Paced or the Box Certified Professional Self-Paced course, and just go through one or two exercises and exit out of the course. You should see the curriculum page re-load and if you launch the self-paced course again, you should start back to where you left off or the course will have indicated how much progress you've made thus far.

The BCP Curriculum also has some steps, such as the one pictured below, where you need to click Mark Complete when you've finished this step. It is a self-reported completion because we trust that you've completed the step!

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 4.40.15 PM.png

Lastly, when you log-into Box University your home page should look similar to the one I'm showing below. 

You'll notice the first row of icons below the banner says "Continue Learning". That's your transcript of learning items that are currently in-progress. BCP Online is the 3rd icon in the image below - to gain access, click "Open Curriculum". 

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 4.33.10 PM.png

I'll be happy to follow up with you here or if you reach-out via email I'll make sure myself or someone on the team responds to you.

Users online (250)