Box desktop / mobile apps not working or connecting? Click here to upgrade your TLS connection today

Community Manager

Starting 8:00 AM PST on November 12, 2018, Box will block applications that are using the TLS 1.0 encryption protocol. Please refer to this FAQ to learn what is TLS, and how you can upgrade your application to maintain a secure connection.

Comments
First-time Contributor

Every time I click to perform the BOX update, it says that I have BOX open and it cannot proceed with the update. But I don't have it open so I am unsure how to proceed. I know I won't be able to access my files today but not sure how to make this work right.

Any suggestions?

New Contributor

Maybe checking if Box Edit.exe and Box Local Com Service.exe are not running in the background. See task manager. Or restart computer and try again.

Community Manager

@elechlit you may still be able to access Box if your version is new enough – we won't require the absolute latest version to connect. See the FAQ for details on which versions of each app are supported.

That said, we want you to be able to upgrade to the latest version! If you the suggestions here have not helped, please contact Box Support directly!

First-time Contributor

Buenas tardes

Una consulta

Tengo serios problemas al tratar de cargar varios archivos en formato PDF. tanto en  box.com como en box drive o box Sync. He borrado cache he probado otros navegadores, mi pc tiene todas las actualizaciones y las aplicaciones de box drive y sync las descargue directamente del sitio oficial de box. Tambien probe cargarlas  desde un telefono android y una tablet android y tampoco funciona. Los archivos de otro tipo como imagen y Office no presentan ningun inconveniente.

La cuestión es que es algo urgente dado que son documentos de trabajo y solo tengo este medio para subirlos 

Agradezco su pronta respuesta 

Hi @andresgiraldo01,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

If you encounter any issue with opening PDF files in Box, this would be something our Box Support team can investigate with you and will require specific account information. You can contact Box Support to help you directly.

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

First-time Contributor

NEED TO UNINSTALL BOX ON DESKTOP FROM SYNCING ... HOW ??

NEED THE SPACE ON COMPUTER FREE AND CAN ACCESS VIA INTERNET 

First-time Contributor

Please just tell me what has to be done!  I am not a computer technician and most of this means little to me. 

I want to use my computer, not overhaul it!!!

Hi @Score-WMoeller,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

Please make sure that your Box applications are up-to-date or at least at the required minimum versions that are TLS 1.1+ compliant. Click here to see the minimum versions of our applications and supported browsers.

You may follow the steps below to check if your Box applications are up-to-date, here's how:

PC Users:

1. Navigate to the Start Menu. 

2. Click Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

3. Your list of Applications will generate. It may take a few seconds.

4. In your list of applications, scroll until you find the Box applications. By default, your apps should be listed in alphabetical order so these should all be grouped together.

5. Check the version numbers in the second column against those listed in the article.

Mac Users:

1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen and select About this Mac

2. Click System Report

3. In the System Report left-hand menu, navigate to Software > Applications

4. Your list of Applications will generate. It may take a few seconds.

5. In your list of applications, scroll until you find the Box applications. By default, your apps should be listed in alphabetical order so these should all be grouped together.

6. Check the version numbers in the second column against those listed in the article.

Hope this helps! Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Hi @deborahregister,

You can find the steps on how to uninstall the Box Desktop app from your computer on these support pages:

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

First-time Contributor
First-time Contributor

How do I make all my devices see the same folders? I have them uploaded all on my surface, but when I open box on my iphone or desk top, there not up to date with my original one where I upload everything from (surface)??