Selective sync on different devices.

Occasional Visitor

Selective sync on different devices.

Hey,

I want to sync multiple computers to the same box account, but I don't want the different computers to synce exact same folders. How can I achieve this?

For example:

I want my desktop to sync 15 folders but my laptop to only sync 2 folders. 

Thank you

10 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Selective sync on different devices.

@DanClee

Unfortunately, we do not currently have this feature on Box. 

Our Product team is constantly looking for ways to improve Box based on user feedback, so I'll be sure to forward your suggestion on to them for consideration.

Feel free to let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Occasional Visitor

I wholeheartedly second this feature request. In my mind, the inability to do this is *the* major drawback to Box.

I would like this feature also!

Regular Visitor

I agree that this feature is essential. The quantity of data that a I want to sync with my desktop computer is much larger than my laptop can handle. 

Frequent Visitor

Could this be done by creating a second Box account and making it a collaborator with just the folders you want to sync?

New Contributor

To me This is an essential feature. I need to be able to share folders across multiple computers and devices, but there are things that I only want to have show on 1 computer like accounting items.

making multiple box accounts to do this seems like a crazy solution.

You guys are brilliant can't you come up with a better way?

Even if you could have multple accts and sign in sign out without having to resync everything. Something as simple as having multiple instances of box sync  could at least be better.

New Contributor

I too would love to see this implemented in Box. However, I remember similar requests have been made on this community forum over the past few years but the community have always got same, vague answer. Wouldn't it be helpful to create a dedicated page where users can vote on the features they want to see in Box, with a status bar that shows the current policy of Box on the issue? It will certainly decrease the repeated questions, let Box to see what community needs, and help the user to track the progress of any feature? Thanks.

Dropbox has been doing this for years, i would think Box would need to keep up with basic features.

New Contributor

I know.. I wonder if there is a copywrite issue here. I can't imagine how Box can't get it done "Overnight". Is not rock science... 

New Contributor

How are you guys doing with this? any improvent, evolution in the add on?

Users online (1,280)