Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Highlighted
New Contributor

SSO and Embedded Widget

I'm using the embedded widget to give access via a web site.  We have SSO with Box, but I'm seeing the blue login screen rather than our SSO login when I first hit the page:

BlueLoginScreen.jpg

If I click on "More Login Options", a new tab opens where I can login; however, I have left the application which defeats the purpose of using the embedded widget.  

Is there a different way of setting up the widget for SSO versus a username/password login?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Box Employee

Re: SSO and Embedded Widget

Hey @MadCodeMonkey! The embed widget login still does support SSO; when you click "Secure Login" and enter your email/password, if your email is associated with an SSO setup, you'll then be passed to authenticate with your provider after. So, the flow goes: enter your email address/password > enter your SSO credentials in whatever flow is expected for the web application > enter the embed widget.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Lauren,

I appreciate your response and I can get it to work if I enter my email address and a password that I created just for Box.com.  I'm just a bit confused about why we think we have SSO with Box since maintaining multiple passwords for different system isn't what I'd call SSO.  I guess I was just expecting something akin to what I see when I hit [my company].box.com where I'm not prompted for a password at all because I'm alreadly logged into my network.  For some reason, the embedded widget doesn't work the same way and that's going to confuse our users and make them believe something is wrong with our web site.

Dave

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I agree - I wanted to use the widget on a landing page but the blue screen confused our users. It needs to direct right to our SSO login. I use a yammer widget that manages to do this and could be benchmarked.