Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

New Contributor

PDF editing with Apple Pencil on iPad

It would be great if PDF type editing similar to what the "canvas" app offers utilizing the Apple Pencil was available. I read hundreds of journal articles and can't make notes inside the box app sufficiently ends up in additional unnecessary steps.

Box Certified Professional

Re: PDF editing with Apple Pencil on iPad

@IU2017,

There are many third party PDF applications that integrate with Box. Do none of those offer the functionality you are looking for?

Bob

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
New Contributor

No I do not want to leave the box app to do simple journal highlighting,
have you used the "canvas" app?
Box Certified Professional

@IU2017,

By "Canvas" do you mean the learning management system used by many schools and universities? Our university uses it, but I have not used their mobile application, just the website.

Box is working on annotation capabilities for multiple file types in their web preview. I don't know about on the mobile app though. You can certainly submit this as a feature request. There are several free 3rd party apps that do this though, so I don't know how high a priority they would put on its development. Round-tripping from Box to other applications is pretty quick and easy to do. I do with Mobile Office documents all the time on both my phone and iPad. 

That said, if this is important to you, submit it to Box and see what comes of it.

Regards,

Bob

Indiana University
University Information Technology Services
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes the school canvas app and on the iPad, it is excellent for reading
journal pdfs and annotating. If box had something built in it would be
awesome.