Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Is it possible to view embedded videos in a PPT file in Box preview mode online?

A client was asking me if it was possible to play embedded videos in a powerpoint in Box preview mode.  My guess is that preview is just to see static visuals, but I just wanted to check with Box users to see if it's possible. 

Thanks in advance!

Box Employee

Re: Is it possible to view embedded videos in a PPT file in Box preview mode online?

Hi @theresa_c! One workaround I might suggest is placing a stand-in image for the video in PowerPoint, then hyperlinking that image to the Box shared link for the video. When the user clicks the video, it'll launch in the browser and play, then return to the PowerPoint.

New Contributor

Re: Is it possible to view embedded videos in a PPT file in Box preview mode online?

Hi Lauren. I had / have the same question as previously asked. Thanks for the work around, but there is no way to play straight from Preview Mode?

Thanks so much!

Cindy Huisden

New Contributor

PS: does the work around you described also apply to the offline mode!

Box Certified Professional

I ran in to this once before.  The issue is that Preview selects a file type to preview and the second embed file type (video) won't be previewed.  

Thanks
Rob