Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I prohibit editors from downloading a file but allow them to edit in excel online?

Hi-

I need help. How do I prohibit editors from downloading a file but allow them to edit in excel online?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Box Employee

Re: How do I prohibit editors from downloading a file but allow them to edit in excel online?

Hi @ane41,

Welcome to the Box Community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

If granted with editor access, unfortunately there is not a way to prevent users from downloading files in contents they are collaborating to.

See this chart here that explains the different permissions that accompany each permission/access level.

Be sure to read our guidelines, Subscribe to content you like, and complete your profile on the community.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How do I prohibit editors from downloading a file but allow them to edit in excel online?

Box Isn't that flexible unfortunately. You'll need to investigate 3rd-party CASB options that may have this capability.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Excel online

Hi-

How can I allow people to edit in excel online but prevent them from downloading a file?

Thank you in advance!