Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

China Access

Hi,

I want to know if accessing box is restricted in entrie China? If so, is there an alternate solution?

Thanks,

Havinash

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Re: China Access

I can confirm that its restricted in Huazhou, Guangdong. However, if you're using a smartphone with Box app installed and logged in before getting into China. You'll be able to use it. Once logged out, you can not log back in. Bummer. 

I'd really like to know what's a fix for this matter? Before signing up, I was told that Box will work in China.

Highlighted
Contributor

You'll have to use a VPN tunnel on your device to a IP outside of China.

New Contributor

looks it still can't access now, firewall block...

Highlighted
New Contributor

ronreyes has the right idea.  There are many VPN services out there and many of them are very afordable or even free.  Here is a link you might find helpful:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/18736/5-best-free-vpn-2/

Highlighted
New Contributor

excellent! both work! thanks a million!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have any of you tried using www.boxcn.net ?

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

You can access with vpn for china, they are all relatively affordable but my personal vote go to purevpn. I am using it for 5 months and have no problems so far.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

China is using GFW protocol for blocking websites so you can use OneVPN for unblocking all kind of websites you can utilize best VPN features.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

You can access easily access box.com from China using FastestVPN with highly recommend VPN for China which all protocols are included.